It has been 8 years since we have all been together, all the siblings, all the in-laws, all the kids. The last time we were all together was when Jared and I graduated college. A lot has changed since then!
Nancy is the baby of the family. She is 10 years younger than me. I remember the first time she walked, and feeding her peaches (which I normally ate instead of her because she didn't seem interested and they tasted soo soo good.) and singing the ABC's together. Now, she is all grown up.

This is Ian aka bud. I always remember Ian having a huge head. He would cry whenever he had to get his hair cut. We would put his hair in barrettes and clips and dress him up, no harm was done though, he is very manly. Ian would always want to wrestle but I would always beat him, I don't anymore... Now he is all grown up.

Sharon is 5 years younger than me. Sharon always had a sweet tooth. She would eat candy all the time but never would eat dinner, as I remember it. She had a friend named Kelsy that got doughnuts and muffins from her grandpa and I was jealous to have some. Sharon was a very gangly bony girl. Now she is all grown up.

Rebekah was the sister that I shared a room with the most. I consider myself a pretty nice girl but I was mean to Rebekah. We always fought whether it was over clothes or cleaning up the room or over friends. But, we had more fun times together than bad! We would sings songs about the life cycle of caterpillars while doing the dishes, drive to seminary together, play shark on our bunk beds, and talk/argue late into the night about our Spanish names. I was Lilia, and she was Sophie. I learned how to talk with a lisp from Bex. Now, she is all grown up.

Shavonne was my other roommate all growing up. She was always reading and reading and reading. I would want her to play with me and so while she wasn't looking, I would hide her books from her. She would get very mad, and yet, not really. Shavonne was always the gentle patient sister. We would play soccer in our room with a little bouncy ball and kick it back and fourth to each other trying to score a goal. Her side of the room was always clean When I was a freshman and she was a Senior in high school, she let me hang out with her and her friends. Shavs has always been the nice sister! Now, she is all grown up.

Shaina was seemed serious when I was little, I know better now! She always had long flowing brown locks of hair and big glasses. Whenever I saw her scar on her knee, I would feel it if I could because it was squishy and shiny. Many times I would come up to her and she would playfully push me down and I would get back up to let her push me down again. I would laugh so hard while we played that game. Anther game that we enjoyed was piling all the pillows and blankets together and then we would sit on Shaina's feet while she way lying down and she would launch us into the air. I always liked to sneak up on her while she was sleeping because she always drooled and I would get Shavs and Bex to come and see the drool. Now she is all grown up.

Kim has always been the big sister, the one you listened too and wanted to be with. She always had long blond curly hair. I thought her spotted legs were so cool! Kim would bring her boyfriends over and we would climb all over them. One of her boyfriends, who's name had to do with Valentines day or something, offered me a bite of his Butterfinger and I quickly bit off half the candy bar before he could stop me. We always got to admire her in her prom dresses and fancy makeup. Kim was always grown up to me!

This is James, but to all of us, he has always been Jamie. I call him by no other name! I learned how to dance from Jamie. He taught me how to do the Roger rabbit and the running man, a hit at any dance party! He always had girls over. I remember him buying some strappy sandals that were matching his girlfriends sandals exactly. He played one of the lollipop kids in Wizard of Oz. I remember him in that play but I more remember the huge circle lollipop that he had as a prop! Now he is all grown up.

This is my big brother Warren. He is the oldest. He is 10 years older than me. I honestly can't recall much of him from my childhood but I do remember one time it was my birthday. I was at school and Warren came by and picked me up from school. He took me out for breakfast at a little restaurant named Audry's. It was so cool! I remember him wearing his hats sideways. I remember him coming home from his mission and giving us each a prayer rug that had different animal fur pieces on it. Oh, and I do remember living in Arizona and I was playing on our barrel swing and there was a rattle snake scarfing down a bird right next to it. I saw it and ran screaming into the house and I told Warren that there was a snake out there and he went and checked on it for me. I also remember falling out of our tree fort in Arizona and the breath got knocked right out of me. I couldn't move and I was scared because the cows were just grazing around me but I managed to get inside the house and tell Warren, Jamie, and Kim what happened. Random story, but I remember Warren just sitting there listening to me as I was crying about falling and the cows trying to get me and where is Shavonne. He was always grown up to me too!
I love my Brothers and my Sisters so much.
2 comments:
Drool? Really? You couldn't have said more nice things about me instead?
I love all the pictures and stories!
Courtney, that brought tears to my eyes. What great pictures of you and each of your siblings. What a wonderful tribute to each of them, drool and all, Shaina. It's real life. Thanks for posting that so we could share it.
Post a Comment