Sunday, April 10, 2011

8 years and counting...

Jared and I celebrated our 8th year anniversary of being married this week. Actually, the day of our anniversary, we forgot until halfway through the day. But as my dear friend, Jami Sears, put it, "When every day is wonderful, why worry about celebrating on just one specific day?" I whole heartily agree, and life with Jared really has been wonderful!
To make up for the fact that we forgot that it was our anniversary, we went out on a nice date later on in the week. Usually we don't forget because it lands during spring break every year but this year, school had resumed and we were just caught up in the every day hustle and bustle of things.

We talked Byron and Jemayla, Jared's brother and his wife, into babysitting which is no small feat! For some reason, anytime we call up someone, it always goes straight to voice mail even though I am 100% sure that they are home and the phone is sitting right next to them. Just kidding, they agreed without any blackmail photos needing to be placed on the table. (Good thing, I don't have very many left to use over them!)

Anyways, we dropped the kids off, gave the usual list of instructions...ie...make sure that when the kids are running with a knife that it is held the proper way, if they eat anything that is poisonous just check on them every once in a while to make sure they aren't twitching, and should they feel the need to lock the kids in the closet, just make sure the hallway light is on so a little bit of light comes in under the door. You know, that kind of instruction.

We then went to a hamburger joint called Five Guys. It was pretty good! Jared really liked it. It had a very casual atmosphere. The menu was really simple and straight forward. You chose a type of burger such as the bacon cheeseburger and then from there, you pick the toppings, order some fries, get a drink, and then you are done.


It looks like a MacDonalds restuarant but it really was a nicer place than that!



We then went to the movies and watched Source Code which was really pretty good. I am usually more of a romantic comedy type of girl but I really liked this action thriller. We ended up running into our next door neighbor, who is also our bishop, so we made a few jokes about getting away from the kids and such. At the end of the movie, they asked what we thought about it, and I quickly replied that the movie had some really good things I could use in my next gospel doctrine lesson. Bishop Dial quickly responded that he was going to use it first when conducting sacrament. Aww, good times, great company, fantastic evening.


I love my sweet husband with all my heart! Cheers honey, we have till forever and forever is not enough!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Sounds fun! You looked really cute in your pictures :)

Unknown said...

Happy 8 years and many more-

Betty Heath said...

Before and after pics. Cute. LOL about the instructions for the sitter. Thank you for marrying our son!!