Last week was moving week and it was a really good move! My sister, Kim, came up and helped us out over the weekened to get everything all packed and moved. We had so much help and I really appreciate all of you for sacrificing your time to help us. Here is a shout out to every one, thanks Chad, Dusty, Byron, Jemayla, Dad, James, Annie, and Sharon. (And the awesome spouses who stayed at home and let the other come!) We got into our appartment and have gotten everything unpacked. It is as though we have lived here for months. I don't like living in a suitcase or out of a box so we got everything done within the first few days.
It still felt like a busy week because we closed on our house on Monday and everything went very smooth. We were even told by our realtor that the closing officer lady thought we were the funniest couple and that our closing was the funnest she has ever done.
Yesterday was Jared's district basketball tournament, and Shelley was hosting it so we were busy. We had all the kids over for nice breakfast before their game. It turned out great. 13 hungry kids came and showed a lot of respect and enjoyed a hardy meal before their last game. They ended up winning all their games and were the champs. There are a very good bunch of basketball players with a really really great, and did I mention, totally hot, coach who helped them be the great players that they are. I am proud of Jared and I love watching him coach. My brother Jamie came up and helped coach and support Jared. Plus, Sharon and Darick, Mom and Dad-in-law also came to help. It is great to have fans!

Sharon made these posters for us to hold up, I DO love coach heath!!! Notice in the back, Dad is hanging out with the opposite team, bragging about how that is his son down there coaching! :) Just kidding, he wanted the wall as a back rest, but he had the opportunity to chat with some other fans and (maybe) brag a little. :) (I took this pic from Sharon's blog)
We went to our new ward today and have already made an impression. I hope they don't kick us out! Why can't we be those poeple that move into a ward and no one knows you for six months? We just can't sit quietly in the back. Jared said the first thing we need to do is figure out what time they play basketball. ( I rolled my eyes) Sunday school was in the gym and Jared said it was a great opportunity to scope out the gym and get a feel for it. (again, roll the eyes) I told him he might have some depth perception problems because the backboards to the hoops were glass. He said it would be easily fixed. (....roll the eyes) RS was good. It's the first time I have gone in years since I have been in YW and Primary. They still do the "Good News Minute." I guess they never got a letter saying not to yet. (Those Heathens!) I've always liked RS. It will be nice to go for a bit! Best of all, the Elder's Quorum is having a bowling part this week. Yes! we came just in time. This church really is true! :) Hey, you know what, they just recently reorganized the RS presidency, the Bishoprik, and filled the nursury positions, so we are sitting pretty! :)
All kidding aside, I have been greatly blessed! My Savior lives! My family is the best! My freinds are great! My "home" is wonderful!
6 comments:
What a sweet and busy week! Glad everything worked out with the house, just dont call me when you get your next one, I will still be recouping from this one. Ha Ha
Just kidding we would love to come help again, for sure!
That is a busy week. I'm like you, I don't like being only half moved in for long periods of time. Glad everything went well!
Chad was way impressed at how much you guys had moved already and how organized you guys were! Glad you've gotten settled in, we'll have to stop by next time we are in Shelley!
Congrats on the b-ball victory! We should have come to support! What an awesome coach and team!
It's so nice to have your own place, I just wish it was closer to mine. Congrats to Jared and his team. I'm glad you guys got to your new ward in time to go to the party. I hope all works out well, and that the Elders quorum is set up too.
by the way, BJ asked if we were going to see you guys today. See everyone misses you!
You guys are amazing! It was fun to play with play-dough and do puzzles. You have great kids! Their cousins, Noah and Carson are great too!
Oh, what a nice feeling. Moving really stinks-especially with little ones. I'm glad you had help.
Have fun in your new home! Make lots of happy memories.
Post a Comment