Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving fun!

I was super excited for Thanksgiving this year because all my family was going to come, minus Shavs who was going to visit her in-laws in California. I couldn't wait! There are 10 kids in my family, plus their spouses, and also the 29 grandchildren to plan for. It was going to be great but take a lot of planning! We each took food assignments and separated to our assigned homes for the week, my house, or Sharon's house who lives in Idaho Falls. We also had Jared's parent's condo set up, but we ended up not needing their house due to the weather.
Here is everyone who was able to make it. We are missing three families who weren't able to make it because they were coming from Washington and the blizzard closed down interstate 15.
This is all the grand kids except Rebekah's little girls.

Sharon was able to get her church building for us to have our Thanksgiving meal in. We had a problem with the turkey. It didn't have time to be fully cooked at my house because we were also cooking a ham and so we brought it to the church to finish up. But, there was an accidental double booking of the church and so we wanted to get out of the church as soon as possible for the other group to be able to come in and enjoy. So we nixed the turkey and just enjoyed the ham and ribs.





These are the four youngest grand kids
Jordyn, Kimble, Max, and Andelin
Ranging from 1 year to 5 months



When the snow storm hit us we were stuck indoors for a couple of days. The kids were beginning to get cabin fever and so were the adults. We decided to brave the wind and cold and go to Jared's school to play in the gym. We loaded everyone up in 5 different vans and set off.
But of course Jared couldn't leave his basketballs behind!





Snow plows had gone through and piled up huge snow banks in front of our house and so Jared could only shovel a small car length path through it. It wasn't easy to maneuver through! You had to really gun it to make it through the path. Plus, with all the high winds coming through, it was hard to see any oncoming traffic...so I stood watch. It was so cold with the wind whipping around me! I was standing there for about 10 minutes but it felt like hours!








We finally made it to Jared's school gym! We played all sorts of tag games like line tag, cat and mouse, and freeze tag. We also shot around and did duck duck goose. It was fun and a much needed break from the house!






Shaina was "frozen" and so I crawled through her legs to free her!









Since the whole family was suppose to be together, we decided to do our Christmas exchange then. We only have one family that we shop for plus Mom and Dad, that way, we don't all break the bank during Christmas. I saw a lady in my ward make a family tree blanket of all her kids and grand kids and I thought that it was such a good idea that I wanted to make one for my mom and dad. I called up all my siblings and had them send me paper copies of their family's hands. I then traced and cut and sewed them onto this tree form that I also cut out. It was super hard! I mean super super super hard to make! I used fabric spray to keep the hands in place until I could sew them on. By the end of the day, I was pretty loopy from the fumes! (If you thought that I didn't have all the lights on upstairs before, I definitely have less lights on now!)
This is how it turned out! I think it turned out great!







I have such a wonderful family! I am truly blessed to be a Weber and a Heath! I would do anything for my family and I know that they would do anything for me! I have amazing friends and a beautiful home. I know that my Saviour loves me and because of Him, I can be with my Heavenly Father again, and be with my family for all eternity. Understanding the magnitude of the statement "Eternal Family" is such a blessing! I truly have be given much!




Shavs, Bex, and Ian...we love you and missed you dearly!




7 comments:

The Hammond Family Blog said...

yes it was crazy weather that week. I LOVE how the blanket turned out. So cute and such a great idea? who else made one in our ward?

Shaina said...

I miss everyone already!

Mags said...

I loved the quilt. I just might steal that idea in a few years.

courtney said...

To Sesha: It was Alene Hunstman. She used just long skinny ovals for branches and used a dark purple for the kids hands and light purple for the grand kids hands. I found a colorful quilt at walmart to be the back and edging for my tree. Then I wanted a lot of color so I used a bunch of different fabrics for all the hands.

Autumn said...

We had a GREAT time! Thank you for letting us stay in your home. Our family reunion was fun, it was so nice to see almost everyone. It will be so neat to see EVERYONE in July. :)

Jerry said...

I am so glad your family made it and that no one was stuck at home eating spam.

Emily said...

I'm so impressed that you finished the quilt!! You're amazing! I'm glad that your Thanksgiving worked out great! It looked like a lot of fun! I should have crashed your party!